Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tick Tock


Time flies when you're havin' fun, or so I hear. While I knew that time would go quickly during my journey here in S.A., I had no idea how fast it would travel. There's no way to prepare yourself for the seemingly exponential rate at which your life will pass you by. As a result, I'm trying to capture moments here as they happen, and embrace the good that is all around me. I'm beginning to realize what a unique position I find myself in during this stage of life. My decisions will significantly change the direction of my life, and the places I will find myself in for the next few years. In recent weeks, I've decided to apply to grad school for the Fall of '09. It amazes me how different my life could look on the east coast at a large university versus life here in South Africa, or life in L.A. during my undergrad, or Oregon for that matter. All I can do is not take for granted the life that God has gifted me with here on the other side of the world. I'm doing what I want to do, and how many people can say that? As the great Bob Dylan says, "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." Back home in Oregon in less than 3 weeks. Excited, but not for the cold.

3 comments:

noah! said...

jeff, you're looking good. a real life manly man! miss you buddy.

colored.glass.garden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ta said...

can you stop in michigan on your way home? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!