Friday, October 10, 2008

Good Things

Work up early this morning (7 am- yeah I know that's not all that early but come on) for a bit of a surf to start my day. As I was out on the water, with the sun sparkling off the waves and a pleasant breeze in the air, I saw a Southern Right Whale out to sea from me breach out of the water. This made me think of how lucky I am to be here. Of course, I was quickly brought back to reality when I got a mouth full of sea water on the next wave and wanted to yack my innards out, but it was still a good moment. Here are more good things I'm thankful for. My good friends Kenny and Carla Kneezle are moving out to South Africa in April or May! They will then join one of my best friends, Jeremy, out in the Cape Town area as missionaries. Let this officially coerce anyone of you sitting on the fence. Move out to South Africa! It's the only place to be. All the cool kids are doing it. Ok, enough recruiting. Also, the Red Sox are still in the playoffs. Ah, how good it is to wake up in the morning, check espn.com, and know that your favorite team is gonna bring home another World Series title. Sorry Tyler, it's too bad the D-Backs didn't even make the playoffs. Do you owe me money again? Oh, and also, sorry Ben, did my BoSox beat your Halos, YET AGAIN in the playoffs? :) Enough gloating. Yet another good thing, easily the most important announcement, is the arrival of Gary and Courtney's daughter Joelle Zoe Christenson into the world. Congrats guys, and I'm stoked to meet her in a couple of months. Lastly, the man who floats my musical boat, the man whose albums have been the soundtracks to my worst and greatest days, Ray LaMontagne, is coming out with his new album on Tuesday. I can't exactly express how unreasonably excited I am for this, but his music is something that speaks to me in an incredibly significant way. Go buy Gossip in the Grain, you won't be disappointed. And please, someone email me a copy, I can't get it off iTunes internationally. Ok, I think I'm done now. Been here a month already, I can't believe how the time has flown by. Hoping this finds you well, whoever happens to read this.

7 comments:

Tyler said...

This is the worst blog I have ever seen in my whole life and reading it was the worst experience of my whole life.

Sarah McMurray said...

Jeff! I'm sad we didn't connect before you left for SAfrica. Your mom gave me your blog address and I am excited to follow your journey. It makes me miss Africa. I ran into your mom this week at the coffee group she and my mom go to and she said that she understands how Africa gets in people's blood...so true! I miss it every day. I'm living vicariously through your trip. ;-) Take care and know that you are being prayed for by the McMurrays. Ubuntu.

Anonymous said...

2 things. I agree with Tyler. Your boasting of the bosox makes me sick. absolutely sick. Secondly Ray LaMontagne's Trouble brought me to Christ. I love you. Trust you are very well, and look out for those blow holes baby.
Ciao.

Tyler said...

And another things that just came to me. You are restricted from calling the Red Sox "my BoSox". Showing ownership over a team only comes from those native to the area from which the team hails. Since you are not from Boston, you are forbidden from calling them yours, otherwise you will be associated with the other bandwagon flavor of the month fans in which you came from. Please read the Loyalty section of the True Fanhood Encyclopedia, Section Q4487, Clause 45A, LINES 57-65.

Tyler said...

This blog sucks and is so boring. omg.

Anonymous said...

i want you to know something, jeffrey. i was at work, at the main bar (the only place with t.v.'s at the time) and had to suffer that grave loss in a public place from the restrictive location of my occupation and they tied it up and my heart leaped for joy and then...the worst possible thing: they lost. Now, let me clarify one more time: they lost. The "bosox" as you have referred did not win, the angels lost. as i have aforementioned my heart broke into several pieces, several infinite irreconcilable pieces. But you know what i live to see another day, i live to see another day wherein they (meaning the "bosox") might loose, that they might just suffer the same humiliation as my fair team has. and you know what the cool thing is? i have a beautiful lady who will come along and pick up the broken pieces and pick me right back up, so you know what? i have that. i hate you and i love you. goodbye. and i wanted that ray cd before you did. and this message could have been a lot worse as t-pain encouraged me to really lay down the hate but for some reason i just could not. or could not entirely at least.

Tyler said...

ben, you chickened out. Bakawk