Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Camp





Last weekend I helped supervise an outdoor camp for 30 teenagers in the bush (the outdoors) at Ballot's Bay. Despite the fact that the guys chose to sing Alicia Keys at the top of their lungs until 3 am the first night, I think we all had a great time. My time was mostly spent at the beach with the kids, where Wayne, Suzi, and I facilitated some team building games, a treasure hunt, and some surf lessons. I, of course, did not do the surf lessons as most of the kids were already better than me on their first try. My admiration and gratitude go out to Wayne and Suzi McAfee, a couple from Northern Ireland, who run the OAM Sports Academy. They provided a weekend of entertainment and good food that was a gift for these kids. You can watch the Youtube video of the camp at the following link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wLW_OhVQv4 .Man it was good sleeping under the stars again too. Peace and love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey it was gr8 fun...4 me da best part was the surfing coz i was da only girl on my team (the bears) that had the guts to try it nd yoh it was freaking amzing