Monday, September 22, 2008

While I Have an Internet Connection....


While the opportunity presents itself, and before I have that fateful internet capability that was supposed to be installed by Telkom weeks ago (gotta love monopolies, they have no customer service and could care less), I will send a quick note. I am currently babysitting for Pierre and Sonja. Pierre is the founder of Out of Africa Missions, and his daughters, Megan and Kate, are 7 and 3 respectively. After dinner and a little movie time of Fox and the Hound 2, they are currently sawing logs. As I'm still in the 2 week adjustment period here in George, I've been doing two things mainly. Spending time with some unbelievably quality people who work with me at OAM, and reading. Two suggestions for some good reads? Kurt Vonnegut and Ernest Hemingway. Whew! Geniuses, both of them. Remember how I said it was freezing here with my last email? Well it was in the upper 80's today. Go figure. I move to the opposite side of the globe and find weather just as inconsistent as Bend, Oregon. If you read this, do me a favor. Take some time out of your schedule and read something quality. Also, tell someone that you love how much they mean to you. Life is short. As a sign in a bar in Chicago said, (paraphrasing): "A man should listen to good music, read poetry, and view a fine picture every day of his life." Wise words. Be blessed one and all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I really wish that I would have gotten to know you more as you grew older. But with all of the miles between us it was hard. You seem to be quite an inspiring person and I wish you all the luck in the world. I do love you and I am proud of all of your accomplishments. Your CA cousin Pauli

Jenna Moorea Schuette said...

Praying for you.
Keep blogging. I'm blessed by it!