Tuesday, September 16, 2008

SAFRICA

Yup. I made it. After 30 hours of travel time I arrived in George last Friday, and have been settling in ever since. As promised, my internet availability has been extremely limited, but once Telkom (the internet provider) gets their act together, I should be able to keep in touch more regularly (and provide pics). Anyway, life is so good here. I feel at peace here in S.A., and felt very welcomed by everyone at Out of Africa Missions. In about a week, I will start my position here as Development Manager, which sounds quite official I know. While I'm still not settled on what this position will fully entail, I will be doing several things that I love to do, including time with families in the informal settlements, photography, writing, and time with the short term mission teams. On the superficial side of life, things are coming together swimmingly. I'll soon have my own place complete with my own shower and bathroom (a bonus), a surfboard and wetsuit so that I can pretend to surf, and a 110 cc scooter to cruise around George with! All in all, life is good, and I feel confident that the Good Lord has me in this place for a good reason. The adventure has already begun. Peace and love.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dood, that sounds radiCAL but i will say this: if you get eaten by a shark with that surfboard whilst intending to do the Lord's work, i'll kill ya.

Ty said...

You are doing it. Wow.